News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Prison assaults and self-injury incidents soar to record highs
- Howard League responds to Bristol prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Annual Report of Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons
- New report calls on Sentencing Council to develop formal sentencing principles for young adults
- Criminalisation of children in residential care should be “a national concern”
- High Court declares a child’s isolation and lack of education at Feltham prison unlawful
- Howard League responds to Feltham prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Birmingham prison inspection
- Howard League responds to “devastating” report on Through the Gate support for prisoners
- Howard League responds to Lincoln prison inspection