News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Cookham Wood: Ministry of Justice policies put children in danger
- Costly tagging programme sets children up to fail
- Swaleside prison: Stretched beyond limit
- Springhill prison: Tightened procedures, but concerns remain
- Ministers urged to investigate prison rape
- Wormwood Scrubs: Yet more evidence of a prison system in meltdown
- Call for MPs to investigate ‘confusing landscape’ in emergency provision for children in mental health crisis
- Revealed: The wasted millions spent on needless remand
- Violence every day: Hindley prison struggling to keep boys safe
- Young adult prisoner suicides: Cries for help are going unheard