News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Howard League responds to Hewell prison inspection
- Cardiff prison: Easy to find drugs, harder to find clean clothes and bedding
- Howard League responds to Onley prison inspection
- 2016 becomes worst year ever recorded for suicides in prisons
- Failing prisons resort to draconian punishments as crisis behind bars deepens
- Howard League responds to watchdog’s report on children in custody
- Ten years after The Corston Report, is this the end of successful women’s centres?
- Howard League responds to prison reform proposals
- Prison statistics reveal a bloodbath of assaults, suicide and self-injury
- Howard League launches Programme to End the Criminalisation of Children in Residential Care