News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Deaths of Children in Custody: Independent review’s scope must be widened
- Government restraint plans return to a deadly time for children in prison
- Prison assaults: The consequence of a dangerous gamble
- Urgent call for action as prison suicides soar and homicide rate reaches highest level for 15 years
- Fortified schools: doing more of the same and expecting a different result
- Sentencing statistics should not be manipulated to stoke up fear
- ‘This could be your house burgled’: The dangers of privatising probation
- 17-year-olds in police custody should be treated as children, High Court rules
- Ashfield Prison punished children unlawfully, High Court rules after Howard League legal challenge