News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Howard League responds to Youth Justice Board announcement
- Prisons need profound culture change to prevent loss of life from suicide
- Howard League responds to Exeter prison inspection
- Court of Appeal to hear charities’ challenge to legal aid cuts for prisoners
- 119 people died by suicide in prisons in England and Wales last year
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Hewell prison inspection
- Cardiff prison: Easy to find drugs, harder to find clean clothes and bedding
- Howard League responds to Onley prison inspection
- 2016 becomes worst year ever recorded for suicides in prisons