News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Howard League calls on new government to act as recalls to prison spiral out of control
- Supreme Court rules the provision of approved premises for women discriminatory
- Suicide rate in prisons has more than doubled since 2013
- High Court to hear legal challenge to prolonged solitary confinement of a child in prison
- Howard League responds to Northamptonshire probation inspection
- Howard League responds to Garth prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Gwent probation inspection
- Howard League responds to Parc prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Guys Marsh prison inspection
- Court of Appeal: Cuts to legal aid for prisoners are unlawful