News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Failing prisons resort to draconian punishments as crisis behind bars deepens
- Howard League responds to watchdog’s report on children in custody
- Ten years after The Corston Report, is this the end of successful women’s centres?
- Howard League responds to prison reform proposals
- Prison statistics reveal a bloodbath of assaults, suicide and self-injury
- Howard League launches Programme to End the Criminalisation of Children in Residential Care
- Howard League responds to alleged murder in Pentonville prison
- Holding the system to account: Court of Appeal to hear case of boy who was detained in prison after he should have been released
- Child arrests in England and Wales fall by 59 per cent in five years
- Isis prison: Six years old and failing