News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Prison incidents of “concerted indiscipline” rise by 207% in three years
- Woodhill prison: Where 11 prisoners have taken their own lives since 2012
- Howard League helps produce European guide on monitoring places where children are deprived of liberty
- Doncaster: A new but failing private prison
- Faint Hope: What to do about long sentences
- Safety deteriorates in Werrington prison
- Statement on G4S selling its children’s services business
- Ranby prison: Overwhelmed and overcrowded
- Holloway prison: Earmarked for closure, but questions remain
- Leicester prison: The catastrophic impact of overcrowding