News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Preventing suicide in prison: PPO bulletin emphasises the need for bold action
- Financial cost of suicide in prison is up to £300m a year, Howard League research suggests
- Howard League responds to Prime Minister’s prison reform proposals
- Howard League pamphlet calls for overhaul of police bail
- Suicide in prison: 89 took their own lives in 2015
- Howard League celebrates its 150th birthday
- Howard League responds to BBC Panorama investigation into G4S-run Medway Secure Training Centre
- Howard League report reveals rising levels of punishment in prison
- Victory for Howard League campaign to scrap the criminal courts charge
- The Howard League’s Parmoor Lecture and solitary confinement