News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Faint Hope: What to do about long sentences
- Safety deteriorates in Werrington prison
- Statement on G4S selling its children’s services business
- Ranby prison: Overwhelmed and overcrowded
- Holloway prison: Earmarked for closure, but questions remain
- Leicester prison: The catastrophic impact of overcrowding
- Preventing suicide in prison: PPO bulletin emphasises the need for bold action
- Financial cost of suicide in prison is up to £300m a year, Howard League research suggests
- Howard League responds to Prime Minister’s prison reform proposals
- Howard League pamphlet calls for overhaul of police bail