News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Howard League responds to Feltham prison inspection report
- Child arrests fall by 54 per cent in four years
- Justice Committee supports Howard League’s call for criminal courts charge to be scrapped
- Howard League response to Humber prison inspection report
- Child restraint report reveals catalogue of concerns
- Howard League responds to prison-building proposals
- Court custody
- Deaths, assaults and self-injury in prisons reach highest levels for a decade
- Liverpool: A filthy and unsafe prison
- Aylesbury: A dire, dangerous, disastrous prison