Volunteer policy and campaigns intern
Apply to be a volunteer with the policy team
The Howard League for Penal Reform requires a volunteer intern who can provide support within the policy team. As part of the internship programme, training and development opportunities will be provided.
Main purpose of the role
To participate in the support of the wider campaigns team. To provide administrative support and undertake the main tasks listed below.
- To research and provide briefings on topics
- To assist with preparation for events and conferences
- To assist with updating the Howard League for Penal Reform website
- To attend any events and provide practical support
- To assist in the campaigning work of the Howard League, including working with our online campaign team, media monitoring and development
- To maintain database and filing system
- Other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Attention to detail
- Writing ability
- An interest in criminal justice and the media
- Commitment to social justice and equal opportunities
- Experience of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of social media
- Experience of maintaining databases
- Able to work as part of a team.
This is a voluntary post based at the Howard League for Penal Reform’s office, 1 Ardleigh Road, London N1 4HS
Training will be provided, including database software and website editing training.
The internship is part time and days are negotiable. The internship is part of a rolling programme of internships at the Howard League; each internship lasts for a minimum period of three months.
We will pay travel expenses within London Zone 1-4 and lunch expenses.
Please e-mail your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to:
Senior Policy Officer
The Howard League for Penal Reform
1 Ardleigh Road
London N1 4HS
Closing date: Monday 15 August 2016