Events · Howard League events
Howard League Community Awards 2021
Date: 19 Oct 2021
Howard League Community Awards
Tuesday 19 October 2021, 10am–12pm
Booking for this event is now closed.
The Community Awards 2021 celebratory event is now open for bookings. Successful community projects that reduce crime and transform lives for the better will be honoured with prestigious Howard League Community Awards at our celebratory event.
This event will celebrate innovations in policy and practice in relation to the arrest of women; adults; and children; and how they can be diverted to more appropriate services.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Frances Crook, Chief Executive, Howard League for Penal Reform
- Gerry Marshall, Trustee, Howard League for Penal Reform; and Chair, Community Awards judging panel
- Sofia Buncy, National Coordinator, Muslim Women in Prison Project, Khidmat Centres
- Superintendent Stan Gilmour, LPA Commander – Reading, Thames Valley Police
- Andrew Neilson, Director of Campaigns, Howard League for Pena
- Glyn Thomas, Head of Implementation, Liaison and Diversion Programme, NHS England
- Nicola Tutty, National Lead for Female Pathways, Liaison and Diversion Programme, Health & Justice Team, Specialised Commissioning, NHS England
Winners will be announced in the following categories:
- Children in Care and Care Leavers
- Liaison and Diversion
- Policing and Adults
- Policing and Children
- Restorative Approaches
- Criminal Justice Champion
- Organisation of the Year