News & views
Informal comment from the charity's Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber, and other contributors.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Our submissions to government and other authorities about the situation in prisons during the pandemic.
- Marking 10 years since the IPP sentence was abolished
- 2022 Howard League Community Awards winners revealed
- Howard League responds to Werrington prison inspection report
- Howard League responds to Pentonville prison inspection report
- Howard League responds to Justice Committee report on IPP sentences
- Howard League responds to inspection reports on girls in custody
- Howard League responds to Lewes prison inspection report
- Howard League responds to inspection report on Spring Hill
- Howard League to host international conference
- Howard League responds to quarterly safety in custody statistics