News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The Howard League office is closed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Please read our submissions to government about the situation in prisons.
- Cross-party group of MPs and peers to launch inquiry into women’s health and well-being in prisons
- Howard League responds to report on impact of Covid-19 restrictions in prison
- Howard League responds to Children in Custody report
- Howard League responds to prison safety statistics
- Howard League criticises government plans for more women’s prison places
- Supreme Court to hear case of child kept in solitary confinement for 55 days
- Howard League responds to thematic inspection report on outcomes for young adults in prison
- Howard League responds to inspection report on the impact of Covid-19 on the criminal justice system
- Howard League’s positive impact continues as child arrests in England and Wales are reduced by 71 per cent
- Howard League exposes injustice of prison disciplinary system