News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- More focus needed to protect children in residential care from ‘county lines’ criminal exploitation
- Howard League responds to Independent Review of Progress report on Pentonville prison
- Brighter future for hundreds of children in residential care as criminalisation rate falls
- Howard League launches new programme on justice and fairness in prisons
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood prison inspection
- Howard League responds to report on children’s perceptions of their experiences in custody
- Howard League responds to National Audit Office report on improving the prison estate
- 300 people died in prisons in England and Wales last year
- Howard League responds to Doncaster prison inspection
- Howard League responds to report on separation of children in custody