News & views
Howard League Blog
Informal comment from the charity's Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber, and other contributors.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
Justice and Fairness in Prisons
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
Howard Journal: Policy Insights
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
Briefings and submissions
The Howard League is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Our response to Covid-19
Our submissions to government and other authorities about the situation in prisons during the pandemic.
- Report highlights detrimental impacts of ‘colourblind’ justice system
- Howard League responds to Aylesbury prison inspection report
- Ground-breaking research report sheds light on women’s experiences of crime and gambling-related harms
- Howard League responds to Exeter prison inspection report
- Howard League responds to government’s rejection of Justice Committee’s IPP recommendations
- Howard League responds to Eastwood Park prison inspection report
- More than 300 people died in prisons in England and Wales last year
- Howard League responds to Isle of Wight prison inspection report
- Marking 10 years since the IPP sentence was abolished
- 2022 Howard League Community Awards winners revealed
Add your voice to our movement for change. Every voice counts and we hope that you will add yours.Join us today
Support our work
Everything we do is focused on achieving less crime, safer communities, fewer people in prison. We need you to act now for penal reform.Ways to support