News & views
Informal comment from the charity
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Please read our submissions to government about the situation in prisons.
- Howard League project reveals harmful impact of remanding children to prison
- Howard League responds to Public Accounts Committee report on improving outcomes for women in the criminal justice system
- APPG inquiry uncovers damaging impact of imprisonment on women’s health and well-being
- Major research project explores lived experiences of people directly affected by crime and gambling
- APPG on Women in the Penal System calls for girls to be moved out of Wetherby prison
- Howard League responds to Foston Hall prison inspection report
- Death toll in prisons in England and Wales rises to highest level since current recording practices began
- Legal protections within child prisons to be reinstated in March
- Howard League responds to Chelmsford prison inspection report
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood inspection report