News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Crime-cutting projects win Howard League Community Awards
- General Election 2019: Party leaders urged to temper language and promote evidence-based policies on law and order
- Howard League responds to Feltham prison inspection
- Howard League responds to joint inspection report on resettlement work with children and young people in the community
- Guide to help lawyers advocate for looked-after children at the police station
- MPs and peers call for action to stop arrests of women for trivial offences
- Books For Prisoners five years on: People in prison still struggle to receive books and use libraries
- Howard League responds to Ten Prisons Project analysis
- Howard League responds to Pentonville prison inspection
- Howard League responds to thematic inspection report on resettlement of children in custody