News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Howard League responds to plan to improve standards and security in prisons
- Howard League calls on government to scrap additional imprisonment in prisons in England and Wales
- Handing more cash to failing private probation companies is throwing good money after bad
- Rise in violence and self-injury in prisons even worse than previously recorded, new figures reveal
- Howard League responds to Wetherby prison inspection
- Howard League considering legal action
- Howard League report explores good practice in children’s homes
- Howard League responds to Wandsworth prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Annual Report of Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons
- Howard League provides evidence to High Court concerning the state’s failure to monitor practices of private companies in the criminal justice system