News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Books For Prisoners: Campaigners bear silent witness during justice select committee hearing
- Zahid Mubarek Inquiry
- Books For Prisoners: Leading writers take campaign to Downing Street
- Pavilion Books’ A Night in the Cells: The “Dirty Dozen” revealed
- Unlawful child restraint plans will put lives at risk
- A child is arrested every four minutes in England and Wales
- Pavilion Books’ A Night in the Cells: Publishing world unites for campaign fundraiser
- Bar G4S and Serco from bidding for government contracts
- Books for prisoners: Ministry of Justice cannot shelve our campaign, say top authors
- Suicides in prison