News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Ministers urged to investigate prison rape
- Wormwood Scrubs: Yet more evidence of a prison system in meltdown
- Call for MPs to investigate ‘confusing landscape’ in emergency provision for children in mental health crisis
- Revealed: The wasted millions spent on needless remand
- Violence every day: Hindley prison struggling to keep boys safe
- Young adult prisoner suicides: Cries for help are going unheard
- Doncaster prison: Serco to blame for disastrous deterioration
- Glen Parva: “Land of Lord of the Flies”
- Prison suicides rise by 69% in a year
- Ranby: A dangerous and dirty prison