News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Pavilion Books’ A Night in the Cells: Publishing world unites for campaign fundraiser
- Bar G4S and Serco from bidding for government contracts
- Books for prisoners: Ministry of Justice cannot shelve our campaign, say top authors
- Suicides in prison
- A devastating critique of flawed proposals for judicial review
- Brinsford: A prison of filth and failure
- Books for prisoners: Leading writers send postcards to Lord Chancellor
- Books for prisoners: Leading writers request meeting with Lord Chancellor
- Books for prisoners: Legal action
- The Ballad Of Not Reading In Gaol: Carol Ann Duffy to lead poetry event outside Pentonville prison