News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a more diverse audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League for Penal Reform and Prisoners’ Advice Service to appeal High Court decision on legal aid cuts for prisoners
- Howard League for Penal Reform and Prisoners’ Advice Service seek permission for judicial reviews against cuts to legal aid
- Community Sentences Cut Crime: An Open Day at Anawim
- Willowdene Farm Exhibit Day in partnership with West Mercia Probation Trust
- Women in prison: Commission finds evidence of coercive and consensual sex
- Deaths of Children in Custody: Independent review’s scope must be widened
- Government restraint plans return to a deadly time for children in prison
- Prison assaults: The consequence of a dangerous gamble
- Urgent call for action as prison suicides soar and homicide rate reaches highest level for 15 years
- Fortified schools: doing more of the same and expecting a different result