News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Fortified schools: doing more of the same and expecting a different result
- Sentencing statistics should not be manipulated to stoke up fear
- ‘This could be your house burgled’: The dangers of privatising probation
- 17-year-olds in police custody should be treated as children, High Court rules
- Ashfield Prison punished children unlawfully, High Court rules after Howard League legal challenge