News & views
Informal comment from the charity's Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber, and other contributors.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Our submissions to government and other authorities about the situation in prisons during the pandemic.
- Violence every day: Hindley prison struggling to keep boys safe
- Young adult prisoner suicides: Cries for help are going unheard
- Doncaster prison: Serco to blame for disastrous deterioration
- Glen Parva: “Land of Lord of the Flies”
- Prison suicides rise by 69% in a year
- Ranby: A dangerous and dirty prison
- Breaking point: Prison officer numbers in England and Wales cut by 30 per cent in three years
- Books For Prisoners: Campaigners bear silent witness during justice select committee hearing
- Zahid Mubarek Inquiry
- Books For Prisoners: Leading writers take campaign to Downing Street