News & views
Informal comment from the charity's Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber, and other contributors.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Our submissions to government and other authorities about the situation in prisons during the pandemic.
- Zahid Mubarek Inquiry
- Books For Prisoners: Leading writers take campaign to Downing Street
- Pavilion Books’ A Night in the Cells: The “Dirty Dozen” revealed
- Unlawful child restraint plans will put lives at risk
- A child is arrested every four minutes in England and Wales
- Pavilion Books’ A Night in the Cells: Publishing world unites for campaign fundraiser
- Bar G4S and Serco from bidding for government contracts
- Books for prisoners: Ministry of Justice cannot shelve our campaign, say top authors
- Suicides in prison
- A devastating critique of flawed proposals for judicial review