News & views
Informal comment from our Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber KC (Hon.), and other contributors.
We offer advice to politicians, policy-makers and senior practitioners about prisons and the wider criminal justice system.
If you are a journalist, please contact our Press Centre.
- Imprisoning children may lead to sexual offences in adulthood
- Nottingham: A dangerous, overcrowded and filthy prison
- Northumberland prison: A ‘national resource’ that is failing miserably
- Suicide in prison: 82 prisoners took their own lives in 2014
- Feltham prison: inspectors find 1 in 4 children held in conditions amounting to solitary confinement
- Prisons hit by staff shortages in run-up to Christmas
- Books For Prisoners: Hundreds of books delivered to Ministry of Justice
- Books For Prisoners: MAJOR VICTORY AS COURT SAYS SHELVE THIS BAN
- Government still failing children in custody
- Hewell: Men resorting to self-harm to get prison basics