News & views
Informal comment from the charity's Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber, and other contributors.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Our submissions to government and other authorities about the situation in prisons during the pandemic.
- Deaths of Children in Custody: Independent review’s scope must be widened
- Government restraint plans return to a deadly time for children in prison
- Prison assaults: The consequence of a dangerous gamble
- Urgent call for action as prison suicides soar and homicide rate reaches highest level for 15 years
- Fortified schools: doing more of the same and expecting a different result
- Sentencing statistics should not be manipulated to stoke up fear
- ‘This could be your house burgled’: The dangers of privatising probation
- 17-year-olds in police custody should be treated as children, High Court rules
- Ashfield Prison punished children unlawfully, High Court rules after Howard League legal challenge