News & views
Informal comment from our Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber KC (Hon.), and other contributors.
We offer advice to politicians, policy-makers and senior practitioners about prisons and the wider criminal justice system.
If you are a journalist, please contact our Press Centre.
- A devastating critique of flawed proposals for judicial review
- Brinsford: A prison of filth and failure
- Books for prisoners: Leading writers send postcards to Lord Chancellor
- Books for prisoners: Leading writers request meeting with Lord Chancellor
- Books for prisoners: Legal action
- The Ballad Of Not Reading In Gaol: Carol Ann Duffy to lead poetry event outside Pentonville prison
- Books in prisons
- Howard League for Penal Reform and Prisoners’ Advice Service to appeal High Court decision on legal aid cuts for prisoners
- Howard League for Penal Reform and Prisoners’ Advice Service seek permission for judicial reviews against cuts to legal aid
- Community Sentences Cut Crime: An Open Day at Anawim