News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League responds to Youth Justice Board announcement
- Prisons need profound culture change to prevent loss of life from suicide
- Howard League responds to Exeter prison inspection
- Court of Appeal to hear charities’ challenge to legal aid cuts for prisoners
- 119 people died by suicide in prisons in England and Wales last year
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Hewell prison inspection
- Cardiff prison: Easy to find drugs, harder to find clean clothes and bedding
- Howard League responds to Onley prison inspection
- 2016 becomes worst year ever recorded for suicides in prisons