News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League responds to Onley prison inspection
- 2016 becomes worst year ever recorded for suicides in prisons
- Failing prisons resort to draconian punishments as crisis behind bars deepens
- Howard League responds to watchdog’s report on children in custody
- Ten years after The Corston Report, is this the end of successful women’s centres?
- Howard League responds to prison reform proposals
- Prison statistics reveal a bloodbath of assaults, suicide and self-injury
- Howard League launches Programme to End the Criminalisation of Children in Residential Care
- Howard League responds to alleged murder in Pentonville prison
- Holding the system to account: Court of Appeal to hear case of boy who was detained in prison after he should have been released