News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League launches Programme to End the Criminalisation of Children in Residential Care
- Howard League responds to alleged murder in Pentonville prison
- Holding the system to account: Court of Appeal to hear case of boy who was detained in prison after he should have been released
- Child arrests in England and Wales fall by 59 per cent in five years
- Isis prison: Six years old and failing
- Public put at risk by probation sell-off
- Transforming Rehabilitation programme puts women’s services under threat
- Bedford prison: Shocked John Howard in 1773, failing again in 2016
- Attempt to tackle new psychoactive substances in prison risks repeating mistakes of the past
- Howard League responds to Public Accounts Committee report on Transforming Rehabilitation