News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Medway report vindicates Howard League’s unswerving opposition to secure training centres
- Grieving mothers of young men who died in Glen Parva prison demand action to prevent suicides
- A prisoner is dying every day as deaths, assaults and self-injury in prisons continue to rise
- Leeds prison inspection: A snapshot of a troubled prison system
- Lewes prison: High levels of violence and not enough purposeful activity
- Bronzefield prison: A good report but underlying concerns
- Wormwood Scrubs prison report lays bare the damaging impact of the government’s Transforming Rehabilitation programme
- Criminal Care: Children’s homes are criminalising children
- Prison incidents of “concerted indiscipline” rise by 207% in three years
- Woodhill prison: Where 11 prisoners have taken their own lives since 2012