News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Bedford prison: Shocked John Howard in 1773, failing again in 2016
- Attempt to tackle new psychoactive substances in prison risks repeating mistakes of the past
- Howard League responds to Public Accounts Committee report on Transforming Rehabilitation
- Quality of Derbyshire probation work declines following privatisation
- Urgent action needed to stop homicides in prison
- Howard League responds to report on accommodation of homeless children
- Howard League challenges magistrates’ courts on unlawful detention of children
- Prison officer numbers fall again as major recruitment drive fails
- Extremism in prisons
- Call to stop revolving door to prison as numbers recalled to custody soar