News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League responds to Swansea prison inspection
- Howard League report explores policing of children’s homes
- Howard League responds to the Annual Report of Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Probation
- Howard League responds to Wormwood Scrubs prison inspection
- Howard League publishes ethnicity analysis of child arrests following the Lammy Review
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons’ annual report on the experiences of detained children
- Howard League responds to Northumberland prison inspection
- New project to help people in Reading and guide them away from crime
- New report on prison officers calls for urgent action to save the profession
- Howard League Community Awards for successful projects that cut crime