News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League responds to Parc prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Guys Marsh prison inspection
- Court of Appeal: Cuts to legal aid for prisoners are unlawful
- Howard League responds to PPO learning lessons bulletin on suicide in women’s prisons
- Howard League responds to prison-building announcement
- Howard League responds to Swinfen Hall prison inspection
- High Court orders urgent hearing of legal challenge to prolonged solitary confinement of a child in prison
- Howard League responds to Featherstone prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Youth Justice Board announcement
- Prisons need profound culture change to prevent loss of life from suicide