News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Green light for Court of Appeal ruling on prisoners’ access to justice
- Howard League responds to Erlestoke prison inspection
- Sir James Munby delivers the Howard League lecture, held in memory of Lord Parmoor
- Fewer people are dying in prison, but assaults and self-injury have soared to new record highs
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons’ report on prison conditions
- An open day at the Nelson Trust
- The Good Loaf Bakery
- ‘Explain or reform’: Howard League responds to Lammy Review
- 800 years of additional imprisonment imposed on prisoners in England and Wales last year
- Howard League responds to Aylesbury prison inspection