News & views
Informal comment from the charity's Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber, and other contributors.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Our submissions to government and other authorities about the situation in prisons during the pandemic.
- Howard League announces new President
- Child arrests in England and Wales reduced by more than 70 per cent
- Media statement
- Children’s rights in prison routinely overlooked and ignored
- Crime-cutting projects win Howard League Community Awards
- General Election 2019: Party leaders urged to temper language and promote evidence-based policies on law and order
- Howard League responds to Feltham prison inspection
- Howard League responds to joint inspection report on resettlement work with children and young people in the community
- Guide to help lawyers advocate for looked-after children at the police station
- MPs and peers call for action to stop arrests of women for trivial offences