News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Urgent action needed to stop homicides in prison
- Howard League responds to report on accommodation of homeless children
- Howard League challenges magistrates’ courts on unlawful detention of children
- Prison officer numbers fall again as major recruitment drive fails
- Extremism in prisons
- Call to stop revolving door to prison as numbers recalled to custody soar
- Chelmsford prison: Dangerous and failing
- Serious and widespread failings at Medway secure training centre
- Quality of Durham probation work declines following privatisation
- Prisons are becoming more dangerous more quickly