News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League responds to Birmingham prison inspection
- Howard League responds to “devastating” report on Through the Gate support for prisoners
- Howard League responds to Lincoln prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Brixton prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Pentonville prison inspection
- Howard League responds to inspection of Medway secure training centre
- Howard League calls on new government to act as recalls to prison spiral out of control
- Supreme Court rules the provision of approved premises for women discriminatory
- Suicide rate in prisons has more than doubled since 2013
- High Court to hear legal challenge to prolonged solitary confinement of a child in prison