News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Howard League responds to Wetherby prison inspection
- Howard League welcomes new appointment at Ministry of Justice
- The Carlile Inquiry 10 years on
- Howard League responds to Moorland prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Parc prison inspections
- Over a million additional days of imprisonment are locking in a vicious cycle of punishment
- Howard League responds to Transforming Rehabilitation inspection
- Good relationships and support within prisons essential to reduce risk of suicide
- Howard League responds to prison reform proposals in the Queen’s Speech
- Nottingham prison inspection illustrates need for urgent action