News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Books For Prisoners: Hundreds of books delivered to Ministry of Justice
- Books For Prisoners: MAJOR VICTORY AS COURT SAYS SHELVE THIS BAN
- Government still failing children in custody
- Hewell: Men resorting to self-harm to get prison basics
- Brixton, Bristol and Elmley: Three prisons that reveal depth of the crisis behind bars
- Books For Prisoners: Prisoners to be allowed more than 12 books in their cells
- Private firms are the big winners of probation sell-off
- ‘Groundbreaking and innovatory’ project enabled disenfranchised children and young people to campaign for change
- Public-sector prison officer numbers cut by 41 per cent
- Cookham Wood: Ministry of Justice policies put children in danger