News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Serco-run Dovegate is overcrowded and understaffed
- Rainsbrook: Another G4S scandal
- Warehouse prisons that leave people to rot are no good to anybody
- Sian James MP calls for “Welsh solutions to Welsh problems” in campaign to divert women and girls from crime
- Former prisoners share their experiences of sex in prison
- Feeding the crime problem: 3 in 4 men’s prisons are overcrowded
- Oakwood: Years of failure will have created thousands of victims of crime
- Revealed: £56m wasted on getting rid of prison staff
- Imprisoning children may lead to sexual offences in adulthood
- Nottingham: A dangerous, overcrowded and filthy prison