News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Prison suicides rise by 69% in a year
- Ranby: A dangerous and dirty prison
- Breaking point: Prison officer numbers in England and Wales cut by 30 per cent in three years
- Books For Prisoners: Campaigners bear silent witness during justice select committee hearing
- Zahid Mubarek Inquiry
- Books For Prisoners: Leading writers take campaign to Downing Street
- Pavilion Books’ A Night in the Cells: The “Dirty Dozen” revealed
- Unlawful child restraint plans will put lives at risk
- A child is arrested every four minutes in England and Wales
- Pavilion Books’ A Night in the Cells: Publishing world unites for campaign fundraiser