News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Springhill prison: Tightened procedures, but concerns remain
- Ministers urged to investigate prison rape
- Wormwood Scrubs: Yet more evidence of a prison system in meltdown
- Call for MPs to investigate ‘confusing landscape’ in emergency provision for children in mental health crisis
- Revealed: The wasted millions spent on needless remand
- Violence every day: Hindley prison struggling to keep boys safe
- Young adult prisoner suicides: Cries for help are going unheard
- Doncaster prison: Serco to blame for disastrous deterioration
- Glen Parva: “Land of Lord of the Flies”
- Prison suicides rise by 69% in a year