News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Howard League for Penal Reform and Prisoners’ Advice Service seek permission for judicial reviews against cuts to legal aid
- Community Sentences Cut Crime: An Open Day at Anawim
- Willowdene Farm Exhibit Day in partnership with West Mercia Probation Trust
- Women in prison: Commission finds evidence of coercive and consensual sex
- Deaths of Children in Custody: Independent review’s scope must be widened
- Government restraint plans return to a deadly time for children in prison
- Prison assaults: The consequence of a dangerous gamble
- Urgent call for action as prison suicides soar and homicide rate reaches highest level for 15 years
- Fortified schools: doing more of the same and expecting a different result
- Sentencing statistics should not be manipulated to stoke up fear