News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Books in prisons
- Howard League for Penal Reform and Prisoners’ Advice Service to appeal High Court decision on legal aid cuts for prisoners
- Howard League for Penal Reform and Prisoners’ Advice Service seek permission for judicial reviews against cuts to legal aid
- Community Sentences Cut Crime: An Open Day at Anawim
- Willowdene Farm Exhibit Day in partnership with West Mercia Probation Trust
- Women in prison: Commission finds evidence of coercive and consensual sex
- Deaths of Children in Custody: Independent review’s scope must be widened
- Government restraint plans return to a deadly time for children in prison
- Prison assaults: The consequence of a dangerous gamble
- Urgent call for action as prison suicides soar and homicide rate reaches highest level for 15 years