News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Private firms are the big winners of probation sell-off
- ‘Groundbreaking and innovatory’ project enabled disenfranchised children and young people to campaign for change
- Public-sector prison officer numbers cut by 41 per cent
- Cookham Wood: Ministry of Justice policies put children in danger
- Costly tagging programme sets children up to fail
- Swaleside prison: Stretched beyond limit
- Springhill prison: Tightened procedures, but concerns remain
- Ministers urged to investigate prison rape
- Wormwood Scrubs: Yet more evidence of a prison system in meltdown
- Call for MPs to investigate ‘confusing landscape’ in emergency provision for children in mental health crisis