News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Revealed: The wasted millions spent on needless remand
- Violence every day: Hindley prison struggling to keep boys safe
- Young adult prisoner suicides: Cries for help are going unheard
- Doncaster prison: Serco to blame for disastrous deterioration
- Glen Parva: “Land of Lord of the Flies”
- Prison suicides rise by 69% in a year
- Ranby: A dangerous and dirty prison
- Breaking point: Prison officer numbers in England and Wales cut by 30 per cent in three years
- Books For Prisoners: Campaigners bear silent witness during justice select committee hearing
- Zahid Mubarek Inquiry