News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Pavilion Books’ A Night in the Cells: Publishing world unites for campaign fundraiser
- Bar G4S and Serco from bidding for government contracts
- Books for prisoners: Ministry of Justice cannot shelve our campaign, say top authors
- Suicides in prison
- A devastating critique of flawed proposals for judicial review
- Brinsford: A prison of filth and failure
- Books for prisoners: Leading writers send postcards to Lord Chancellor
- Books for prisoners: Leading writers request meeting with Lord Chancellor
- Books for prisoners: Legal action
- The Ballad Of Not Reading In Gaol: Carol Ann Duffy to lead poetry event outside Pentonville prison