News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Howard League responds to prison-building announcement
- Howard League responds to Swinfen Hall prison inspection
- High Court orders urgent hearing of legal challenge to prolonged solitary confinement of a child in prison
- Howard League responds to Featherstone prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Youth Justice Board announcement
- Prisons need profound culture change to prevent loss of life from suicide
- Howard League responds to Exeter prison inspection
- Court of Appeal to hear charities’ challenge to legal aid cuts for prisoners
- 119 people died by suicide in prisons in England and Wales last year
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood prison inspection