News & views
Informal comment from the charity's Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber, and other contributors.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Our submissions to government and other authorities about the situation in prisons during the pandemic.
- Howard League responds to “devastating” Council of Europe report on prisons
- Judicial review: Howard League and Prison Reform Trust issue government with letter before action over its response to coronavirus in prisons
- Howard League and Prison Reform Trust urge ministers to move further and faster to protect prisoners, staff and public from coronavirus
- Howard League and Prison Reform Trust call for further early release to protect prisoners, staff and wider public from coronavirus
- More focus needed to protect children in residential care from ‘county lines’ criminal exploitation
- Howard League responds to Independent Review of Progress report on Pentonville prison
- Brighter future for hundreds of children in residential care as criminalisation rate falls
- Howard League launches new programme on justice and fairness in prisons
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood prison inspection
- Howard League responds to report on children’s perceptions of their experiences in custody