News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League responds to Feltham ‘A’ prison inspection
- Almost 1,000 years of additional imprisonment handed down in prisons last year as assaults and self-injury rise to new record highs
- Howard League responds to Brinsford prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Leeds prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons report on incentivising and promoting good behaviour by children in custody
- Howard League to hold international justice conference
- International Women’s Day 2018: MPs and peers to launch inquiry into the sentencing of women
- Legal aid for prisoners to be reinstated following successful challenge by the Howard League and the Prisoners’ Advice Service
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Probation report on enforcement and recall
- A welcome fall in deaths in custody but new record highs for violence and self-injury in prison