News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Holding the system to account: Court of Appeal to hear case of boy who was detained in prison after he should have been released
- Child arrests in England and Wales fall by 59 per cent in five years
- Isis prison: Six years old and failing
- Public put at risk by probation sell-off
- Transforming Rehabilitation programme puts women’s services under threat
- Bedford prison: Shocked John Howard in 1773, failing again in 2016
- Attempt to tackle new psychoactive substances in prison risks repeating mistakes of the past
- Howard League responds to Public Accounts Committee report on Transforming Rehabilitation
- Quality of Derbyshire probation work declines following privatisation
- Urgent action needed to stop homicides in prison