News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The Howard League office is closed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Please read our submissions to government about the situation in prisons.
- Self-injury and assaults in prisons rise to new record levels
- Howard League responds to Joint Committee on Human Rights report
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Onley prison inspection
- Howard League responds to National Audit Office review of failed probation reforms
- Shocking rise in deaths in custody
- Howard League proposes five principles that ought to be applied when sentencing young adults
- Howard League responds to report on the perceptions of children in custody
- Howard League responds to Bedford prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Serious Case Review in relation to incidents at Medway secure training centre