News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Prison assaults and self-injury incidents soar to record highs
- Howard League responds to Bristol prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Annual Report of Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons
- New report calls on Sentencing Council to develop formal sentencing principles for young adults
- Criminalisation of children in residential care should be “a national concern”
- High Court declares a child’s isolation and lack of education at Feltham prison unlawful
- Howard League responds to Feltham prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Birmingham prison inspection
- Howard League responds to “devastating” report on Through the Gate support for prisoners
- Howard League responds to Lincoln prison inspection