News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League report explores good practice in children’s homes
- Howard League responds to Wandsworth prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Annual Report of Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons
- Howard League provides evidence to High Court concerning the state’s failure to monitor practices of private companies in the criminal justice system
- Howard League welcomes government U-turn on prisons for women
- Howard League gets green light to challenge use of adult restraint techniques on children at Feltham prison
- Howard League responds to Woodhill prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Werrington prison inspection
- Howard League responds to the Ministry of Justice’s Education and Employment Strategy
- Howard League responds to Nottingham prison inspection