News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Extremism in prisons
- Call to stop revolving door to prison as numbers recalled to custody soar
- Chelmsford prison: Dangerous and failing
- Serious and widespread failings at Medway secure training centre
- Quality of Durham probation work declines following privatisation
- Prisons are becoming more dangerous more quickly
- Howard League responds to Swaleside prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Wetherby prison inspection
- Howard League welcomes new appointment at Ministry of Justice
- The Carlile Inquiry 10 years on