News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- ‘Explain or reform’: Howard League responds to Lammy Review
- 800 years of additional imprisonment imposed on prisoners in England and Wales last year
- Howard League responds to Aylesbury prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Haverigg prison inspection
- Howard League responds to inspection of Rainsbrook secure training centre
- Child arrests in England and Wales fall by 64 per cent in six years
- Prison assaults and self-injury incidents soar to record highs
- Howard League responds to Bristol prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Annual Report of Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons
- New report calls on Sentencing Council to develop formal sentencing principles for young adults