News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The Howard League office is closed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Please read our submissions to government about the situation in prisons.
- Howard League responds to Annual Report of Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons
- Howard League research finds children’s homes calling the police 200 times a year
- Howard League responds to Werrington prison inspection
- Howard League to launch Commission on Crime and Problem Gambling
- Award-winning charity to be celebrated at symposium on sexuality and learning disability
- Howard League responds to Feltham ‘A’ prison inspection
- Howard League responds to report on extended probation for short-term prisoners
- Howard League responds to MoJ plans for a new model of probation
- Cross-party group of MPs and peers to launch inquiry into arrests of women
- Self-injury and assaults in prisons rise to new record levels