News & views
Informal comment from the charity
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Please read our submissions to government about the situation in prisons.
- Howard League responds to thematic inspection report on outcomes for young adults in prison
- Howard League responds to inspection report on the impact of Covid-19 on the criminal justice system
- Howard League’s positive impact continues as child arrests in England and Wales are reduced by 71 per cent
- Howard League exposes injustice of prison disciplinary system
- MPs and peers call for abolition of courts’ power to send people to prison for their ‘own protection’
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons’ Annual Report for 2019-20
- Howard League Community Awards winners revealed
- Thousands of women arrested unnecessarily in wasteful and inappropriate use of police resources
- Howard League, Just for Kids Law and Liberty urge government to withdraw regulations extending custody time limits
- Howard League responds to Public Accounts Committee report on improving the prison estate