News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- International Women’s Day 2018: MPs and peers to launch inquiry into the sentencing of women
- Legal aid for prisoners to be reinstated following successful challenge by the Howard League and the Prisoners’ Advice Service
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Probation report on enforcement and recall
- A welcome fall in deaths in custody but new record highs for violence and self-injury in prison
- Howard League responds to Peterborough women’s prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Liverpool prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Swansea prison inspection
- Howard League report explores policing of children’s homes
- Howard League responds to the Annual Report of Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Probation