News & views
Informal comment from our Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber KC (Hon.), and other contributors.
We offer advice to politicians, policy-makers and senior practitioners about prisons and the wider criminal justice system.
If you are a journalist, please contact our Press Centre.
- Self-harm incidents in women’s prisons rise to highest level since current recording practices began in 2004
- Howard League responds to Risley prison inspection report
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood prison inspection report
- Howard League responds to Annual Report of His Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons
- Howard League responds to IMB briefing on women’s mental health in prisons
- Howard League responds to National Audit Office report on improving resettlement support for prison leavers
- Self-harm incidents rise by more than a third in women’s prisons
- Commission on Crime and Gambling Related Harms publishes final report
- Howard League responds to appointment of new Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice
- Report reveals impacts of gambling-related harm on ethnic minority communities