News & views
Informal comment from the charity's Chief Executive, Andrea Coomber, and other contributors.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
Our submissions to government and other authorities about the situation in prisons during the pandemic.
- Howard League responds to Chelmsford prison inspection report
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood inspection report
- Howard League responds to prison safety statistics
- Commission uncovers worrying lack of knowledge or targeted activity to address crime linked to problem gambling
- 2021 Howard League Community Awards winners revealed
- “Somebody is going to die in here soon”: Howard League responds to joint inspection report on Rainsbrook secure training centre
- Howard League responds to Justice Committee report on mental health in prison
- Howard League project to tackle surging use of remand among children in custody
- Child arrests in England and Wales reduced by 74 per cent in a decade
- More success for Howard League programme as criminalisation rate for children in residential care reduces further