News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The Howard League office is closed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Please read our submissions to government about the situation in prisons.
- Howard League responds to report on prisoners released to homelessness
- 100 Days of Solitude: The impact of coronavirus in prisons
- Howard League responds to reviews of pain-inducing restraint and separation of children in prison
- Howard League responds to short scrutiny visit report on women’s prisons
- Commission on Crime and Problem Gambling publishes literature review
- MPs, peers and bishops call on government to release more women from prison
- Howard League leads drive to keep unsentenced children out of prison during coronavirus pandemic
- Howard League and Prison Reform Trust call for urgent action as they publish documents shedding further light on the government’s response to coronavirus
- Self-injury in prisons continues to rise
- Howard League responds to “devastating” Council of Europe report on prisons