News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog explores justice and fairness in prisons. It includes examples of good and bad practice, and records the experience of people in prison as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The Howard League office is closed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Please read our submissions to government about the situation in prisons.
- Howard League, Just for Kids Law and Liberty urge government to withdraw regulations extending custody time limits
- Howard League responds to Public Accounts Committee report on improving the prison estate
- Howard League responds to prison safety statistics
- Making sure Black lives matter in the criminal justice system – steps towards change
- Howard League responds to short scrutiny visit report on prisons holding children
- Howard League briefing shows it is time to rethink remand for women
- Howard League responds to report on prisoners released to homelessness
- 100 Days of Solitude: The impact of coronavirus in prisons
- Howard League responds to reviews of pain-inducing restraint and separation of children in prison
- Howard League responds to short scrutiny visit report on women’s prisons