News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Fewer people are dying in prison, but assaults and self-injury have soared to new record highs
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons’ report on prison conditions
- An open day at the Nelson Trust
- The Good Loaf Bakery
- ‘Explain or reform’: Howard League responds to Lammy Review
- 800 years of additional imprisonment imposed on prisoners in England and Wales last year
- Howard League responds to Aylesbury prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Haverigg prison inspection
- Howard League responds to inspection of Rainsbrook secure training centre
- Child arrests in England and Wales fall by 64 per cent in six years