Commission on Crime and Problem Gambling
The Commission on Crime and Problem Gambling aims to answer the following questions:
- What are the links between crime and problem gambling?
- What impact does this link have on communities and society?
- What should be done?
To support this work the Howard League will be commissioning research. It has been agreed that the first pieces of research will focus on
- Sentencers’ understanding and treatment of problem gamblers
- The lived experience of people through life course analysis of people who have been sent to prison self-reporting as problem gamblers
- The prevalence of problem gambling among those committing crimes
The research commissions are advertised separately. Please register your interest in receiving information about the research commissions by emailing Anita Dockley.
Research Commission one: Sentencers’ understanding and treatment of problem gamblers
The Commission on Crime and Problem Gambling’s first research project is now underway. Visit our Research Commission: Sentencing page for further information.
Research Commission two: Exploring people’s experience of crime and problem gambling
The Commission on Crime and Problem Gambling’s second research project is now underway. Visit our Research Commission: Lived experience page for further information.