News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League responds to report on domestic abuse and Community Rehabilitation Companies
- Formal sentencing principles for young adults would help judges and magistrates, new report suggests
- Howard League responds to Bedford prison urgent notification
- Child arrests in England and Wales reduced by more than two-thirds in seven years
- Howard League legal challenge brings an end to the routine use of adult restraint techniques on children at Feltham prison
- Howard League responds to plan to improve standards and security in prisons
- Howard League calls on government to scrap additional imprisonment in prisons in England and Wales
- Handing more cash to failing private probation companies is throwing good money after bad
- Rise in violence and self-injury in prisons even worse than previously recorded, new figures reveal
- Howard League responds to Wetherby prison inspection