News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- ‘This is our story’: Children and young people describe how they were criminalised while living in residential care
- Howard League responds to Birmingham prison inspection
- Howard League responds to inspection of Rainsbrook secure training centre
- Revealed: The filthy prisons where prisoners can’t keep clean
- Child’s solitary confinement case goes to the Court of Appeal
- Howard League responds to Health and Social Care Committee report on prison health
- Abolish prison sentences of less than 12 months for women, says cross-party group of MPs and peers
- Further rise in assaults, self-injury and lives lost in prisons in England and Wales
- Howard League responds to Chelmsford prison inspection
- Howard League asks Prime Minister for meeting over the death penalty