News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a more diverse audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League responds to National Audit Office review of failed probation reforms
- Shocking rise in deaths in custody
- Howard League proposes five principles that ought to be applied when sentencing young adults
- Howard League responds to report on the perceptions of children in custody
- Howard League responds to Bedford prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Serious Case Review in relation to incidents at Medway secure training centre
- Child’s solitary confinement reviewed by the Court of Appeal
- ‘This is our story’: Children and young people describe how they were criminalised while living in residential care
- Howard League responds to Birmingham prison inspection
- Howard League responds to inspection of Rainsbrook secure training centre