News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
Our blog on ending the criminalisation of children in residential care
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy makers need expert advice
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- Howard League responds to Feltham ‘A’ prison inspection
- Almost 1,000 years of additional imprisonment handed down in prisons last year as assaults and self-injury rise to new record highs
- Howard League responds to Brinsford prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Leeds prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons report on incentivising and promoting good behaviour by children in custody
- Howard League to hold international justice conference
- International Women’s Day 2018: MPs and peers to launch inquiry into the sentencing of women
- Legal aid for prisoners to be reinstated following successful challenge by the Howard League and the Prisoners’ Advice Service
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Probation report on enforcement and recall
- A welcome fall in deaths in custody but new record highs for violence and self-injury in prison