News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
This blog seeks to bring academic research out from the journal and to the attention of a wider audience.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Howard League responds to Feltham ‘A’ prison inspection
- Howard League responds to report on extended probation for short-term prisoners
- Howard League responds to MoJ plans for a new model of probation
- Cross-party group of MPs and peers to launch inquiry into arrests of women
- Self-injury and assaults in prisons rise to new record levels
- Howard League responds to Joint Committee on Human Rights report
- Howard League responds to Cookham Wood prison inspection
- Howard League responds to Onley prison inspection
- Howard League responds to National Audit Office review of failed probation reforms
- Shocking rise in deaths in custody