News & views
Our Chief Executive, Frances Crook, provides informal comment on the issues of the day.
This blog provides a deeper insight into the issues uncovered in our programme to end the criminalisation of children in residential care. It includes contributions from children who have lived in children's homes, as well as analysis by researchers.
The Howard League for Penal Reform is often consulted when policy-makers need expert advice. Read our briefings and submissions here.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League.
- Child’s solitary confinement case goes to the Court of Appeal
- Howard League responds to Health and Social Care Committee report on prison health
- Abolish prison sentences of less than 12 months for women, says cross-party group of MPs and peers
- Further rise in assaults, self-injury and lives lost in prisons in England and Wales
- Howard League responds to Chelmsford prison inspection
- Howard League asks Prime Minister for meeting over the death penalty
- Howard League responds to Exeter prison inspection
- Howard League responds to report on domestic abuse and Community Rehabilitation Companies
- Formal sentencing principles for young adults would help judges and magistrates, new report suggests
- Howard League responds to Bedford prison urgent notification