News & views
Frances Crook, Chief Executive of the Howard League for Penal Reform, provides informal comments on the issues of the day.
We have provided a briefing to parliamentarians ahead of the Second Reading of the Prisons and Courts Bill on 20 March 2017.
The press centre helps journalists seeking analysis, expert opinion and other media resources from the Howard League for Penal Reform.
- New report on prison officers calls for urgent action to save the profession
- Howard League Community Awards for successful projects that cut crime
- Green light for Court of Appeal ruling on prisoners’ access to justice
- Howard League responds to Erlestoke prison inspection
- Sir James Munby delivers the Howard League lecture, held in memory of Lord Parmoor
- Fewer people are dying in prison, but assaults and self-injury have soared to new record highs
- Howard League responds to Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons’ report on prison conditions
- An open day at the Nelson Trust
- The Good Loaf Bakery
- ‘Explain or reform’: Howard League responds to Lammy Review